With the excitement of 4th of July celebrations finally setting in, there's something else that might be setting in: that red, white, or blue colored punch someone inevitably spills on their clothing - or worse, your carpet!
Ideally, we could prevent every stain from happening in the first place, but what's more patriotic than overcoming challenges and fighting the good fight? At Furniture Clinic, our mission is to help you battle the stubborn stains that ruin your favorite clothing and carpet.
As punch is one of the more common holiday stain culprits, we are excited to share some of our favorite tips and tricks for efficiently removing punch stains.
REMOVE PUNCH STAINS FROM CLOTHING
When punch and fabric collide, the result isn't nearly as exciting as 4th of July fireworks - although it might be as colorful! Fortunately, at Furniture Clinic, we've compiled a quick list of tips for punch removal from clothing.
- Rinse in Cold Water- this should be your very first step! Gently rinse the article of clothing, and try to remove as much of the stain as possible
- Treat with Stain Removal Product- before we throw it into the washer, our goal is to tackle the stain head on. Try to select a product that is specifically designed for the material type. For example, we have fabric stain removers and leather stain removers.
- Rinse Again - follow the instructions for the stain removal product first and foremost, but if you've applied the product and are unsure of next steps, it might be a good idea to rinse in cool water and see if the stain is still present. If it is, proceed to the final step!
- Wash the Article of Clothing - the last step in removing punch stains from clothing is to send the stained material to the washer! Complete a full cycle, and check if the stain has been fully removed. If it hasn't, repeat the above steps until the stain is gone.
REMOVE PUNCH STAINS FROM CARPET
Spilled punch doesn't always spell game over for your beloved living room carpet! Although punch can quickly set into the fibers, we have a few tricks up our sleeve for taking action.
- Blot the Stain Away - As soon as the punch hits the carpet, it's time to sprint for the paper towels! Your goal is to gently blot (don't rub!) the stain to remove as much as you can before it sets in.
- Apply a Detergent and Vinegar Solution - a common approach to stain removal from carpet is to mix two cups of warm water with one tablespoon of liquid hand detergent, as well as one half cup of distilled white vinegar. With a white cloth, blot the stain with the solution until no more color is absorbed onto the towel.
- Try Rubbing Alcohol- If the stain is still refusing to go away, you can try your blotting technique with rubbing alcohol. This stronger solution is often a good match for the tougher, more stubborn stains.
CELEBRATE THIS 4TH OF JULY WITH FURNITURE CLINIC'S STAIN FIGHTING SOLUTIONS
As we celebrate Independence Day and all of the fun activities that complement one of our nation's favorite holidays, we encourage you to find your stain-removing independence this year, too. Gone are the days when a professional would need to be called for every stain in your clothing, furniture, or carpet.
At Furniture Clinic, we offer a variety of products to ensure you have the tools and products necessary to fight every stubborn stain that comes your way. Take a little time to explore our online collection of top-rated products, and don't hesitate to reach out to our team of experts with any questions.
Happy 4th of July!